Valuepotion Corp. ("Valuepotion") only acquires, uses and shares the user information that you expressly consent to for our collection, use and sharing. We understand the importance of protecting your information and that is why we actively guarantee your right to freely determine and manage your own user information.
1. Valuepotion acquires the following items of information from our users.
We collect information from you solely to the extent necessary to provide Service.
- Required Information
- name, company name, e-mail address, password
- Optional Information for the use of paid services
- Information that may be necessary for payments such as bank account information(bank name, account number, bank account holder name), payment records, credit card information, Paypal information.
- In addition, the following information may be automatically generated and collected during your use of the services.
- IP address, cookies, date and time of log-in, records about your use of the services and any improper usage of services
However, the collection of such information is limited to the information existing at the time you provide your consent. In any case where we are required to acquire additional information, we will notify you of such requirement and obtain your prior consent.
We may acquire your user information during your use of the Service, by fax and telephone, email and written document.
2. For what purposes does Valuepotion use your information?
We only use the information that you share with us for the following purposes. If we make any changes, we will obtain your prior consent.
- Your information is used to identify and confirm your membership registration your age and to prevent the unlawful use of our services by delinquent members.
- Your information is used to provide you with various services offered by Valuepotion, to handle your inquiries or complaints during your use of the services and to inform you of announcements and notices.
- Your information is used to provide the services promised to our members and to settle any payments in the case of the purchase and use of our paid services.
- Your information is used for marketing and advertising purposes such as providing notices about opportunities to participate in the development of new services or events and offer customized services.
- Your information is used for obtaining statistical information on your usage patterns, analysis of frequency of log-ins and use of our services for future reference in providing customized services and developing new services.
3. For how long will Valuepotion use your information?
We will use and maintain your information for a limited period of time starting from the time when you provide us with your information upon membership registration and throughout your use of our services. If you request for de-registration as a member or withdraw your consent to the receipt and use of your information, or the purpose of acquiring and using your information is achieved or the period of storing and using your information expires, we will immediately delete your information.
However, your name, company name, e-mail address will be safely retained for a period of six (6) months to prevent any problems in the use of our services or prevent any unlawful use of our services.
In addition, we will retain your information for the period of time stipulated under applicable laws and regulations which include the following:
1) Log-in records relating to the use of the services - Basis of retention: ACT ON THE PROTECTION OF COMMUNICATIONS SECRETS - Period of retention: Three (3) months 2) Records concerning consumer complaints and handling of disputes - Basis of retention: : ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE TRANSACTIONS,ETC - Period of retention: Three (3) years 3) Records concerning Indication/ Advertisement - Basis of retention: : ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE TRANSACTIONS,ETC - Period of retention: Six (6) months 4) Records concerning contract and withdrawal, etc - Basis of retention: : ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE TRANSACTIONS,ETC - Period of retention: Five (5) years 5) Records concerning Payment and the supply of goods - Basis of retention: : ACT ON CONSUMER PROTECTION IN ELECTRONIC COMMERCE TRANSACTIONS,ETC - Period of retention: Five (5) years 6) Records concerning Electronic Financial Transactions - Basis of retention: Electronic Financial Transactions Act - Period of retention: Five (5) years
4. Valuepotion may entrust a third party with the handling of your personal information when necessary for seamless provision of the Services.
Valuepotion may delegate the handling of your personal information to third paries (the "Service Providers") when it is necessary to ensure seamless Service. Please refer to the following list for more information on the Service Providers and the services provided by the Service Providers:
Service Provider: Daum Kakao Corp. Purpose: For development with infra system for the use of the Service Term of retention and use: Until you unregister from the Services or the delegation agreement with the Service Provider is terminated
5. In principle, Valuepotion does not share your user information with third parties unless consented by you or otherwise required by law.
“Sharing information with third parties” means we share your information with third parties to provide a more wide range of services to you and increase our service quality, which may or may not be necessary in providing our services.
In principle, we do not share your user information with others. However, if we are required to share your information, we will obtain your prior consent in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, except in the following cases.
- When you have already agreed on sharing your information to third parties
- When the payment is required for the use of the Service
- Where we are required by courts or other governmental entities to disclose your information pursuant to applicable laws and regulations.
6. When and how does Valuepotion destroy information acquired from users?
We promise to delete, without any delay, your information after the purposes for acquiring and using such information have been achieved.
7. We protect the rights of users including children under the age of 14.
- You may request to withdraw your consent on the provision of personal information or de-register as a member at any time by sending request to email@example.com.
- Your personal information will not be used or disclosed until accurate changes have been made. If such inaccurate personal information has been provided to a third party, we will notify, without any delay, such third party thereof and ensure to change the inaccurate personal information.
- Valuepotion does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
1) What are cookies?
A cookie is a very small text file that is sent to your browser by the server used to operate a website and is stored on your computer.
We store your preferences by using cookies to provide you with a faster web environment and to improve services for a more convenient user experience. By using cookies, we enable you to easily and conveniently use our services.
We analyze the frequency of your log-ins, log-in time, level of participation in events, frequency of visits for different services to determine your preferences and interests. Based on such analysis, we also provide customized services such as advertisements.
3) How do I reject cookies?
You have the choice of accepting or rejecting cookies. You may accept all cookies, be notified when a cookie is set or reject all cookies by configuring the relevant option on your web browser. However, if you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use our services properly and may experience difficulty in the use of services that require you to log-in.
Option Setting Example
For Internet Explorer:
- Click on the "Tools" menu and select "Options".
- Click “Internet Options” on the “Tools” menu on top of the IE web browser. Then, click the “Privacy” tab and then “Settings”
- Open Internet explorer window
- Select “Settings” on the right-side of the Chrome web browser. Click on “Show advanced settings”. In the “Privacy” section, click the “Content settings” button. Change the “Cookies” settings.
For Google Android:
- Open “Settings” app
- Select “Google” under Personal
- Select “Ads” under Services
- Enable “Opt out of Ads Personalization”
For Apple iOS:
- Open “Settings” app
- Select “Privacy”
- Select “Advertising”
- Enable “Limit Ad Tracking”
9. We make great efforts to protect your valuable user information
We regard your information to be your most valuable asset and therefore make great efforts to safely handle and protect your information.
1) We encrypt your information.
We transmit your information by using an encrypted transmission link and store important information such as your password in an encrypted form.
2) We strive to protect your information from hacking attempts and computer viruses.
In order to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or damage to your information caused by illegal hacking or computer viruses, etc., we have set up our systems in a secured and controlled area. We have installed a 24-hour surveillance system that detects and blocks any attempts of intrusion such as computer hacking. We implement security measures by installing vaccine programs to prevent our systems from being infected by computer viruses, malicious codes, etc. In addition, we continuously research new anti hacking and system security technologies to apply such technology to our services.
3) We minimize access to your information.
We minimize the number of employees that handle your information and also restrict internet access on workplace computers to minimize any risks of unauthorized disclosure of your information. We implement systematic guidelines for the creation and changing of passwords for database systems and processing systems that respectively store and process your information and the granting of access authorization to such systems and continuously conduct compliance audits.
4) We conduct employee training regarding information protection on a regular basis.
We conduct regularly-held training and awareness campaigns regarding our obligations to protect your information and security guidelines to all of our officers and employees that handle your information.
5) We offer you with various security measures.
We offer you various security measures such as blocking log-ins from overseas IP addresses and specific IP addresses.
10. Retention of Information and Overseas Transfer
We do not transfer your information overseas without your consent. In case an overseas transfer is required, we will ensure to notify you of such requirement and obtain your prior consent in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will comply with all security measures required by law and international agreements and cooperate with relevant regulatory authorities including the local data protection authorities.
11. International Users
This Policy and the privacy practices of Valuepotion will be subject exclusively to the laws of the Republic of Korea. Valuepotion makes no representation that this Policy and our practices comply with the laws of any other country or jurisdiction. You who use the Services and reside outside the Republic of Korea do so on their own initiative and are responsible for compliance with your local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable. If you reside outside of Republic of Korea, by using the Services, you consent to the transfer, processing and use of your personal information outside your country.
12. We operate a special team dedicated to protecting your information.
We designate and operate a team dedicated to protecting your information and respond to your inquiries and suggestions. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact the person in charge below at any time and we will make sure to provide you with a satisfactory response.
Personal Information Management, Person in Charge and Department
|Person in Charge||Inquiry|
If you believe your information has been compromised and wish to report such incident or seek advice, please contact the institutions below for assistance.
|Personal Information Violation Reporting Center||(without the area code) 118||http://privacy.kisa.or.kr|
|Privacy Mark Certification Association||02-550-9531~2||http://www.eprivacy.or.kr|
|Cybercrime Investigation Department, Supreme Public Prosecutors' Officefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Cyber Terror Response Center, National Policy Agency||(without the area code) 182||http://www.ctrc.go.kr|
13. Miscellaneous/Additional Policies